The Angel




(A poem by William Blake)




I dreamt a dream! What can it mean?
And that I was a maiden Queen
Guarded by an Angel mild:
Witless woe was ne'er beguiled!


And I wept both night and day,
And he wiped my tears away;
And I wept both day and night,
And hid from him my heart's delight.




So he took his wings, and fled;
Then the morn blushed rosy red.
I dried my tears, and armed my fears
With ten-thousand shields and spears.


Soon my Angel came again;
I was armed, he came in vain;
For the time of youth was fled,
And grey hairs were on my head.



This poem is avaliable to download in the following link: http://www.spectrumgothic.com.br/literatura/autores/blake.htm

Um comentário:

Rafael PS disse...

How beaultiful your blog is!
I really liked it!
and the poem is perfect too!
oh, you are talented!
you have ``bom gosto``
congratulations

Postar um comentário

I would like to hear what you have to say about this post. It's your turn to express your own silence...